Welcome to the Gastonia Conference Center
Gastonia Conference Center is a symbol; a sign of the people of Gastonia, North Carolina on the move toward civic, economic, and environmental sustainability. Designed to pay homage to the surrounding architecture and heritage of the area, Gastonia Conference Center is the premier destination for local, regional, and state-wide conferences and events, from metro-Charlotte based corporate meetings, to state-wide conventions, to local and community events, to memorable weddings.
This cutting-edge, 30,000-square-foot technologically advanced and sustainably built conference center is designed to generate business and support the local Gastonia community. The Conference Center accommodates over 450 meeting attendees and 300 for a seated banquet function and features ten separate, purpose-built and distraction-free meeting rooms, event spaces and 5,100 square-foot ballroom. It has already gained recognition as the greater Charlotte region's foremost destination for events of all kinds.
Helpful tips for a summer wedding
Whether indoors or outside, May through August is the number one most popular time of year to get married. Summer weddings are full of sunshine and warmth, so take full advantage of the season and all it has to offer. Here are a few tips we hope prove helpful when planning your summer wedding.
1. Save-the-date: The summer season is a prime time for vacations, especially for families with school-age children. Be sure to send out a save-the-date announcement well in advance, so that friends and family can get your wedding marked on their calendars.
2. Summer wedding attire: Strapless and sleeveless wedding gowns are perfect for the bride who chooses to marry in the warm days of May, June, July or August. Look to light fabrics such as linen, chiffon, crepe, organdy, georgette or other light weight silks, and do not add to much bulk. To really evoke the season, consider a brightly colored dress or short floral cocktail dress for your bridesmaids. The groomsmen can go for the very classic navy blazer and khaki slacks or a beautiful linen suit.
3. A summer menu: Fill your wedding menu with fresh fruits and vegetables such as berries, pineapple, melon, lettuces, tomatoes and other seasonal favorites. An elegant summer wedding menu could include an array of fresh seafood, including lobster and shrimp. Serve granitas and sorbets between courses, or as an additional dessert. A more casual fare could include barbecue and traditional outdoor picnic foods. Celebrate the bounty of the season.
4. Summer flowers: How can you go wrong using the abundance of seasonal summer flowers at your wedding? There are so many varieties readily available in the summer that you may find it hard to limit your choices. Whether indoors or outside you can fill your wedding venue with bright, colorful flowers such as gerber daisies, sunflowers, dahlias, calla lilies, zinnias or bright purple dendrobium orchids.
Makeup tips for a beautiful bride
Every bride wants to look her best on her wedding day. Apart from buying the perfect wedding dress, shoes and accessories, the bride also wants her make-up to be perfect. Here are some beauty tips to help you look stunning on the day of your wedding:
1. It all starts with your skin: A healthy, firm and illuminate complexion offers the best base for any makeup. If you haven’t had a regular skin-care regimen, then start one several months before your wedding day. There are many skin care products on the market and most likely you have your favorites, we suggest that you stop any extraction processes a month before. Nothing is more beautiful than a radiant bride and it starts with hydrated, healthy skin.
2. Don’t forget your smile: When you smile for the camera, you’ll want bright white teeth too! Use a whitener for the weeks leading up to your big day and pass on dark, stain-inducing drinks such as coffee, red wine and soda.
3. Schedule a trial run (or two): Thinking you will do your own makeup on your wedding day? Great, but many brides prefer to bring in a pro. If you decide to use a professional, choose one who understands your style, but either way, it is good to do at least one trial run several weeks before the big day. It will make you feel better about achieving the look your perfect look.
4. Please don’t cry: It’s quite normal for a bride to cry on her wedding day, after all it is a very happy and emotional time. As we all know, crying can cause eye makeup to run and smear, making you look less than perfect. To avoid this use waterproof mascara, eye shadow and liner, it will ensure that your eye makeup stays in place and you are picture perfect all day!
5. Kiss-proof lipstick, gloss or stain: For perfect lips choose a creamy full-coverage lipstick, stain or gloss that will keep your lips drenched in color and super moisturized with no chance of bleeding or transferring. Just a suggestion about you choice of lip color, keep it neutral and one look that never fails is radiant skin, rosy cheeks and pink or translucent lips. Your lips will look luscious and your wedding photos will be timeless.
6. Have a touch up makeup kit: Your wedding day will be filled with smiles, champagne toasts, happy tears and mucho kisses, so even the most well-applied makeup is bound to need a touch up. It is a great idea to keep a touch up kit with you to ensure that you look great throughout the day. Your kit essentials could include blush, translucent powder, lipstick or gloss, cotton swabs, tissues and hairspray.
7. Relax and smile: A bride who is relaxed and confident is ever smiling and looks beautifully radiant always. So, relax and enjoy your wedding day!
Things to remember when you are buying wedding bands
Shopping for wedding bands can be quite a tricky process. Does the woman buy the man’s ring? Should the man shop with her for his ring? Should the wedding rings be bought together? Should they be matching? Keep in mind there are no set rules and the answer to all of these questions is...yes! Let’s take a look.
1. Fix your budget: It doesn’t matter who is paying for his or her ring, it is important to know how much money you want to spend. Wedding rings generally account for about 3% of your total wedding budget. So, if your wedding budget is about 30K, then the amount of money that you would spend on your wedding rings is $900. Generally, the woman buys the man’s wedding band, but in today’s world it doesn’t have to be so. Just don’t fall prey to temptations and spend more than you can afford.
2. Talk with him: Ask if he would like to accompany you to pick out his ring. Also, talk with him about what type of ring he would prefer, that way whether he shops with you or not, you will know his preferences. Most men want something like a plain, simple smooth band. Some popular metals today are gold, tungsten, titanium and platinum.
3. Consider your style: Maybe you and your partner want matching bands. Matching bands, to some, symbolize the depth of the bond you have with your partner. If you are among them and choose matching bands, remember to consider your style and the style of your engagement ring. There are many designs to choose from and range from simple gold or platinum band to a diamond eternity band. Just remember, it’s all in what you like and what works best for the two of you. READMORE
The accessories that every bride should have the day of her wedding
Now that you have selected the perfect wedding dress, it’s time to choose your accessories. Accessories are important; they enhance your beauty and accentuate your wedding gown. In this article we’ll discuss accessories that every bride should have as part of her wedding day.
1. Shoes: Among the most important accessories that a bride needs on the day of her wedding, shoes top the list. It is important to choose the right pair of shoes that not are not only comfortable but match the style and theme of your wedding gown. Traditionally satin or silk shoes complement a wedding gown, but depending upon the season and your personal style you might want to consider a strappy sandal. If you are wearing stilettos, have a pair of flats available to change into, if your feet begin to get tired.
2. Head and Hair: There are so many great head pieces and hair accessories available now that will add a gorgeous accent to your wedding hair. For a more classic and traditional look you might choose a veil or tiara. Jeweled barrettes, a crystal broach, feathers or silk flowers can also be beautiful.
3. Handbag: You may want to carry a small clutch on your wedding day, but before you buy an ivory silk or satin bag think about buying on that you could use again after the wedding. Maybe something jeweled toned or metallic, something with a hidden shoulder strap that converts for later use. Apart from the stylish look, the bag will serve to store some very useful items all in one place such as your cell phone, lipstick and gloss, tissues, safety pins, bobby pins, mints or gum, cotton swabs, etc. You can ask your wedding planner or bridesmaids to keep track of it and leave it on your chair at the reception for any “just in case” need you may have.
4. Gloves: You may want to wear gloves to add that extra bit of elegance and style. Gloves are a sophisticated accessory that signify a bride’s special status, second only to a veil or tiara. Gloves are available in many lengths, multiple fabrics, design, and closures. Short gloves cover the hands and wrist, medium reach to the elbow and long are over the elbow and can be up to the shoulder. There are also fingerless gloves. Fabrics include satin, silk, lace, knits and leather, all of which can be embellished with pearls, beads, crystals, ribbons and flowers. It is common practice to choose gloves that complement your wedding gown, but modern brides feel free to make their own rules, so if you choose to wear gloves, pick a pair of that suits your personality.
5. Sash: You can add a little extra dazzle to your wedding dress by adding a sash. Wedding dress sashes are an amazingly simple way to complete the effect of your dress and complement your other accessories. They can be as simple as a ribbon or bedazzled with beads or crystals. The possibilities are limitless, it’s up to you to choose what best suits your dress and your personality. READMORE
Tips for finding the perfect wedding shoes
Choose the right shoes: Don’t compromise comfort for looks. Unless you are very comfortable wearing heels think carefully before choosing, you’ll want to wear a shoe that allows you to walk with confidence and grace. If you decided to wear heels, remember that you will be standing, walking and dancing in them for hours, so instead of a 3 or 4 inch stiletto you might consider a medium heel of 2 or 2 1/2 inches. If you have already made the decision that you’ll be wearing flats, or a small wedged heel, the comfort before looks position still applies, make sure there is plenty of arch support and a comfortable toe box.
Shop around: Before you spend a lot of money on your wedding shoes, shop around to see what kind of deals you can find. There are plenty of discount stores that feature top brands at incredible savings, sometimes up to 70% off! Also, consider your dress and how much shoe will be exposed. For example, if your wedding dress is long and flowing, then not much of your shoe will be seen so, an expensive pair of shoes may not make sense.
Breaking in your wedding shoes before the day of your wedding: Now that you’ve chosen your perfect shoe, both beautiful and comfortable, be sure that you break them in before your wedding day. Several weeks before your special day, begin wearing them while at home and while out on short errands to the grocery, post office, etc. This will help you avoid painful “new shoe” blisters on your wedding day.
Pamper your feet: Depending on your schedule either on your wedding day or the day before, take some time to pamper your feet with a pedicure. Not only will your feet feel wonderful, but they will look fabulous too. A pedicure is a must especially if you are wearing sandals or peep-toe heels.
Have a spare pair: Unfortunate things can happen on the day of your wedding. Straps and heels can break or after a while your feet just become tired. Therefore, it would be wise to have a spare pair of shoes handy. READMORE